activities with a toddler in Lisbon
In Lisbon there are a lot of gardens, parks and playgrounds with a very secure environment and perfect for the big brother to spend some energies while you watch/play with him.
- Parque recreativo alto da Serafina (Benfica/Monsanto)
- Parque do alvito (Alcântara)
- Jardim da Estrela (city center)
- Parque Eduardo VII (city center)
- Jardins de Belém: very nice to go (near there’s Centro Cultural de Belém with a nice restaurant and a garden - Este&Oeste - with Italian and Japonese food. In Belém go to famous Pastéis de Belem.
- Parque das Conchas, Lumiar
In almost every neighbourhood there are “local” playgrounds too.
Go to beaches, see some surfing and choose a restaurant within the several restaurants. Praia de Carcavelos for example.
On rainy days some family-friendly museums:
- Museu do conhecimento in Parque das Nações
- Oceanário de Lisboa also in Parque das Nações
Some indoor thematic parks (for 3y+):
Exploring the city:
- Tram 28
- Yellow bus Lisboa
- Search for Lx Factory in Lisbon. There’s a lot of nice restaurants there.
- At Docas de Lisboa there'se Doca de Santo restaurant, and there you can walk near the river, see the sights, eat ice cream, ride a bike, etc etc.