how to travel light with kids
So what do we take while traveling around Portugal? What do we organize in advance? What do we not do without? An example for 8 days of winter holidays in the south of Portugal with a baby with 18m and a kid with 4y.
- each takes 3 pairs of pants, 3 t-shirts, 3 long sleaves, 2 sweatshirts and a good coat
- we only take the diapers for the same day and the next morning, and buy the next day
- everything that is hygienic always goes in miniature packaging
- in the case of the small baby who was still drinking formula, we took 3-4 doses and bought it when we arrived
- occupies space but we do not do without, of course, basic remedies to help in case of fever
- babywearing always
- we bring frozen soups and homemade meals. those of the day itself thaw during the trip
- each chooses a toy and two to three books
- this week we came more loaded with food, vegetables and fruits that we had at home and brought on the trip, but we usually do this management the week before the trip to ensure that nothing gets wasted at home
- manage the timings to make the trip after lunch and enjoy the nap
- not in Portugal, but when we travel abroad we rent everything that the house or hotel does not offer and everything we know will make our day-to-day easier: depending on the age of the children, high chair, travel cot, stroller, bouncer and stair safety gates are some examples
And you? What are the biggest difficulties? Can you manage your luggage and only take what is strictly necessary? What boring situation has happened to you when traveling with babies and older kids?
Note: English is not my first language (Portuguese is). I apologize forr any typos, grammer error or others.